Monday, October 5, 2015

Cosenza Week 1

The beginning of the week was full of packing and saying goodbyes.

We had a lesson  with Giuliana and Leonardo on Wednesday night. That is when it really settled in that I was actually leaving Ostia. It was really sad to say goodbye. On Thursday morning we had to wake up early to get to Rome on time so I could catch the train. I ended up falling a few steps down the escalator because my bag started to fall. Luckily someone caught me and helped me get my suit case under control. Once I got to Cosenza we had to wait a while for another train for the Sorella that was leaving. Once that came we took a bus to Cosenza, it was a beautiful ride up the mountain side.  After getting to my new home I unpacked a little before we went and picked up our other companion from the bus stop. We had corso in the evening. It was interesting to teach corso in three. On Friday we had an appointment for pranzo with the Bevilaqua family. We are teaching the father and the mother is a member. They are so nice. Cosenza is a charming little city. It is exactly what you imagine Italy to look like. It rolling hills with colorful buildings scattered across the hills. It is stunning. There is also old town Cosenza with a castle and beautiful old buildings. My new companions are great and I really like it here!



This weekend we had General Conference. It was a lot of fun. The talks were great!! They talked a lot about the Sabbath day and its importance, and about the importance of the Sacrament in particular. We can receive revelation and answers to our questions as we ponder and pray on the sabbath. We go to the church to strengthen one another and to worship the Lord, but above all we go to partake of the sacrament. The Sacrament is so important because we renew the covenants we made with the Lord at baptism. We promise to always remember Christ. We should think of ways we can better think of Christ throughout the week. It is a perfect time to think of where we are, where we want to be, and how we can get there. I know that as we keep the Sabbath day holy we will have a better week and our day to day lives will improve. The Lord will bless us tremendously as we remember Him and His holy day. What can you do to make the sabbath a holy and sacred day?

Have a great week! I love and miss you all!
Vi voglio bene!




Letter dated October 5, 2015

You can currently send Victoria letters at:
Sorella Victoria Pinnegar
Missione Italiana de Roma
Piazza Carnaro 20
IT-00141 ROME RM
ITALY

No comments:

Post a Comment