Monday, September 28, 2015

Ostia Week 12

Italian companion for a day



Tuesday we went to Rome for DDM, and afterwards we had a potluck with the office missionaries and most of our zone. We had another scambio, and it was my turn to stay in Ostia. Sorella Sanchez came with me, she does not speak a lot of English, so I was scared at first but it was actually really easy! We were going to go to visit Clara and Laura, but our phone died last week and we didn't have her number in our new phone, so we could not call to confirm. We had corso in the evening. Sorella Sanchez is learning English so I was in charge of teaching. The next day we went to visit a past investigator who had called us and wanted us to stop by. It took us an hour to find her house. After our lesson with her we went to the meeting spot to end our scambio. We desired to meet at easily for lunch. It was a lot of fun to sit and talk with them. That evening we had a "lesson" with a "referral," it was actually Sorella Bray's new convert from Sassari!  It was a surprise for Sorella Bray! She was so happy!







On Thursday Sorella Bray was starting to feel a little sick, so she rested as much as she could. By the next day she was feeling better except for her eye. We went and visited Humphrey and his family. We have set an official baptismal date with them. It is so exciting! When we got home Sorella Bray's eye was really starting to bug her. By the end of the night her eye was swollen and red. My companion has pink eye. We have been in the house all week end.

On Saturday we got transfer calls! I am going to Cosenza!!! I will be in a tripanionship (I will have two companions). The nice thing about Sorella Bray's pink eye is it has given me time to pack.

This week I have been thinking a lot about what the gospel is. Before my mission I didn't really understand what it was. I thought it was kind of this nebulous compilation of doctrines and what we believed. Since I have been on my mission I have learned that it is actually a very simple thing. The gospel is faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. The thing about the gospel is that it is not just a one time thing. Because we are supposed to endure to the end, the gospel is a continuous loop, for every person, no matter how long you have been in the church. As a missionary, it is my  responsibility to teach others about the gospel. No matter whether they are non-members, not attending church, or church going members. For people who are not members you could be at the point where you are working on having faith in Christ, but you are still in the loop. If you are a member, you might be working on strengthening your faith. The gospel of Christ is simple. This week, try to identify where you are in this loop and see what you can do to move forward.

Have a great week! Miss you all! Next week I will be emailing you from Cosenza!



Letter dated September 28, 2015

You can currently send Victoria letters at:
Sorella Victoria Pinnegar
Missione Italiana de Roma
Piazza Carnaro 20
IT-00141 ROME RM
ITALY

No comments:

Post a Comment