Monday, June 29, 2015

Tempe Arizona Week 4

Last p-day in Arizona!


I got some exciting news!!! My visa is here!!! I leave Monday the 6th at 7:20 in the morning! That was a little bit of exciting news. I am excited to go but sad to leave everyone. I love the people here and it will be sad to say good-bye. Luckily Hermana Day and Hermana Doty will get to drive us to Tempe on Sunday!



This week in my studies revelation came up a lot. In church on Sunday we talked a lot about revelation. I want to talk about two kinds of revelation. The first being personal.

Personal Revelation


Before I left on my mission my brother Darren asked me if I knew how I received revelation. I didn't think about that a lot until this week. Every person has the ability to relieve revelation for themselves. Heavenly Father has created a way to guide us in what we do! How cool is that!

We can receive revelation in many different ways. We can get it through the prompting a of the Holy Ghost, by reading the scriptures, and even thought the words of another person. It can be hard to tell when we are receiving revelation. It is not normally a big thing, but small and hard to recognize when we are not looking for it. When we do receive revelation we need to act on it or we will have a harder time recognizing it the next time. As missionaries we ask people to pray and find out for themselves if the message we share is true. We are asking them to seek revelation from God. When we read our scriptures and say our prayers we are more in tune and ready to receive revelation.

On Saturday evening Hemana Day and I were suppose to drive down to Ajo. There had been storm warnings through out the day but it didn't look to bad and the people down in Ajo were not having storms yet. We decided to pray and ask if we should go, we felt we should not. Within ten minutes the wind was blowing really badly. When we got down to Ajo the next day the members told us that it had gotten so bad down in Ajo that the power was out for about an hour. If we had not sought and listened to the revelation we had received we would have been in the middle of both a dust storm and a monsoon. It is so important to receive and follow the revelation we receive. How do you receive revelation?

Prophetic Revelation


The second form of revelation I want to talk about is prophetic. We believe that there is a prophet called of God, to be His mouth piece, on the earth today. We sustain him as such. This means that we stand by him and his council, that we believe and follow his words and guidance. He has the authority to speak and act in Gods name. Some times we might not like or want to agree with what he is saying, but what he says is revelation from God to the world. God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. I know that there is a true and living prophet on the earth today. I know that he has been chosen by God to lead and guide our church. I support him and his apostles, and I strive to follow their guidance and council.

Questions to ponder.

What does revelation mean to you?
How do you receive personal revelation?
Why is it important to have a prophet on the earth today?
How can revelation, both personal and prophetic, help you in your life?


Next time I write it will be from Italy! I love you all and hope everything is going well!






Letter dated June 29, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment