Monday, June 22, 2015

Tempe Arizona Week 3

Seasons greetings from the coolest place on earth!


The theme of today's email is going to be mini miracles. Since being on my mission I have seen lots of little ways that the Lord has helped me. I really would like to share some of those with all of you.


The first miracle happened on Monday. We were in Maricopa about to head down to Gila Bend when our air conditioning stopped working. Not only did it stop working, but it started to blow hot and humid air! We turned it off and rolled down the windows. We had some things we still needed to do in town and by the time we were ready to leave Maricopa the AC worked again. We were all very grateful. We have made sure since then not to have the AC on high. We were defiantly blessed. This one was fairly big, but it was still very important, especially in the Arizona heat.

This next one is very small but very important to me. Last week I had switched the finger that I normally wear my ring on because my fingers swell in the heat. Unfortunately when we went into President Luis' house last week it was cool and my fingers went back to their regular size. Because of this my ring fell off and I could not find it any where. This week we went back over there hoping to ask him about something and we searched again, but we still could not find it. Then Hermana Day looked under the couch and there it was. We had already checked under the couch at least five times! It wasn't big, and it wasn't grand, but to me it was a miracle!

This week I met a member of the ward down in Ajo, and he served his mission in Milan Italy! Here about an hour or two from the Mexican border I met someone who speaks Italian! I was able to understand almost all of what he is saying, even though I have not had a lot of opportunities to use my Italian. He and his wife are feeding us tomorrow and he is making real Italian food for us!!! Again, not big and not very important, but still a blessing and a miracle.

My final miracle is probably the smallest of them all. I have been in Arizona for two full weeks now and I still have not gotten sunburned once! In fact, I think I am slowly starting to tan. This has never
happened to me before.

This week I would like to ask you all to look for not only the big blessings you receive,but especially for the small mini miracles that happen every day. As you do this, you will realize just how much Heavenly Father knows and cares about you and about each of his children.
Lots of love






Letter dated June 22, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment