Wednesday, May 20, 2015

MTC Week 5

!!!!!! My last P-day in America !!!!!


This week has been a good week, but a sad week. Sister Hadfield and the Germans left yesterday morning early. It was our last week with them. We had a lot of fun spending time with the Germans! We spent all day with them and just had a lot of fun! We were so busy! We spent all week signing there Juice Boxes (bye books). On their last day we went and sang God be With You Till We Meet Again in Italian!  We also hung out with them for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner! We didn't get a lot of sleep Monday night because we were helping Sister Hadfield finish getting ready. We woke up at 3 in the morning to say good-bye to the Elders going to Berlin, and then we had to say good-bye to Sister Hadfield. We had a half an hour between when the Berliners left and when she left so we stayed up and had a little good bye devotional. We were really tired yesterday!

The three of us on Sister Hadfield's last P-day.

I have such great Anziani in our district. It has been wonderful to get to know them all! They made sure that we were doing okay all day yesterday! We definitely got placed with the best Anziani in the Zone.

It is my last week at the MTC!!!!! We got our flight itinerary on Friday! Everything is finally starting to sink in. It is a bit nerve racking. It is difficult because that means that I am going to have to say good-bye to all of the friends I have made here! I am excited to leave but don't always feel like I am as prepared as I should be. I know that the Lord will help me with my struggles. I have a great companion and wonderful Anziani that are willing to help in any way they can.

Sorella Sharp
I love my Companion. I am so grateful that I was given such a wonderful companion. It has been such a blessing to have my first companion be someone who I get along with. Both Sorella Sharp and Sister Hadfield have been amazing! It is wonderful to see there testimonies and to see how much they have helped me to grow over the past five weeks!

On Sunday we watched the Characters of Christ again. It is such an inspirational talk. I learned something completely different from it than I did last time. I think that shows just how much I have grown in the past few weeks since I last saw it! This time I learned about the importance of being truly converted to the Lord and about the difference between a Testimony and being Converted. In it He defines what Character is. It is Moral qualities constantly lived, Strongly developed, and Strikingly displayed. That made me thing about what my character is and what I need to change to align my character with Christs. I know that as we align our character with that of Christ's that we will be converted unto the Lord. What do we need to do to have a Christ like character?

Yesterday President and Sister Soares talked to us. Sister Soares talked on how we will face challenges and changes on our missions and how a mission is the best place to learn how to over come our trials. Her husband President Soares talked a lot about obedience and how important it is to be obedient. He taught that in order to truly represent Christ we must do as He did. He was always obedient to the will of the Father and we must strive to do the same. My favorite thing that he said was "You never see an obedient missionary unhappy" I think that this is true for more than just missionaries. When we strive to be obedient we are happy because we are closer to the Savior. As we are obedient we are blessed beyond measure and we feel the love of God in our lives.


My challenge for you this week is to find one thing in your life where you want to be more obedient and strive to be as obedient as you can in that one aspect. At the end of the week reflect on how obedient you were and the blessings you have experienced because of your obedience. Then pick an thing to be obedient in and start the processes over.

I love being a missionary! I love you all and miss you!

Sorella Victoria Pinnegar



Victoria and her companion are waiting for their visas to go through. We will post her address in Italy within the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment